By Dean Hammer
A significant other to Greek Democracy and the Roman Republic bargains a comparative method of interpreting historic Greek and Roman participatory communities.
- Explores a number of elements of participatory groups via pairs of chapters—one Greek, one Roman—to spotlight comparisons among cultures
- Examines the kinds of relationships that sustained participatory groups, the demanding situations they confronted, and the way they responded
- Sheds new mild on participatory contexts utilizing varied methodological approaches
- Brings a world array of students into discussion with each one other
Read Online or Download A Companion to Greek Democracy and the Roman Republic (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best practical politics books
Lotteries were used to make every kind of public judgements ever because the days of historic Greece. they could give a contribution to a few of our most vital values, comparable to rationality, justice, and democracy. yet till lately, there has been no thought to make feel of lotteries and what they could do. The earlier few a long time have replaced that with a veritable renaissance of stories on lotteries.
Argues that self sustaining enterprises aren't the results of a scientific layout, yet are produced through the interactions of political and bureaucratic forces. The case reviews illustrate how political struggles among politicians and bureaucrats can create a clutter of organizations that lack coherence and are topic to conflicting degrees of political keep watch over.
Within the reign of James II, minority teams from around the spiritual spectrum, led by way of the Quaker William Penn, rallied jointly below the Catholic King James that allows you to carry spiritual toleration to England. referred to as repealers, those reformers aimed to persuade Parliament to repeal legislation that penalized worshippers who didn't comply with the doctrines of the Church of britain.
One of many largest issues of smooth democracy is that the majority of the general public is generally unaware of politics and executive. many of us needless to say their votes are not likely to alter the end result of an election and do not see the purpose in studying a lot approximately politics. This creates a kingdom of individuals with little political wisdom and little skill to objectively evaluation what they do understand.
- Democracy Promotion and Foreign Policy: Identity and Interests in US, EU and Non-Western Democracies
- Transitions and Non-Transitions from Communism
- Trumplandia: Unmasking Post-Truth America
Additional resources for A Companion to Greek Democracy and the Roman Republic (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Greek Democracy and the Roman Republic (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Dean Hammer